Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Rose is a Rose is a Rose. . .

If you couldn't guess by the title of today's Post- According to this handy-dandy writing analyzer, I write like Gertrude Stein!


I write like
Gertrude Stein

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!





I can only wish to write like the lovely, indelible, Ms. Stein. Stein is an idol of mine for her part in American/ex-patriot and feminist writing. An American writer who spent most of her life in France, Stein was a catalyst in the development of modern art and literature.

I, like Stein, am preferential to the stream-of-conscious writing, unfortunately, I have a feeling that though the above website claims to look at your style and diction, I'm sure it either auto-generates something flattering or looks at your main theme- or something equally profound- and throws out an author with similar leanings.


((Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas in Paris- courtesy of Yale archives))


Regardless- have fun seeing who you write like, and report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment